Saturday, January 22, 2011

My experiences with a red stone…

When I was young, I used to collect pieces of pebbles and stones (the unique ones I could find). Wherever I may go, in my grandfather’s farm, in my mother’s hometown, in streets, beaches, at school… practically everywhere I go. You see I dream of being an earth scientist or a geologist someday.

There is however one piece of stone that I have found that mesmerizes me. It’s a red stone a flat one as large as a regular computer mouse. The reason I liked this one is that I can use it to write in any surface, walls, floors, it can even write on paper.

You see I’m not really a superb writer. I mean I can write verses of poetry which are of average quality. But whenever I use my red stone to write these verses on paper for example, I feel proud. Even the worst lines can be pieces of creativity whenever written with a different material in this case a red stone.

That piece of red stone got lost in time. Maybe because of constant house moving from college boarding houses and rented houses when I started working and got married. However the thought that even a mediocre piece of literature when published in a different medium can make it more creative stuck into me permanently.

I started writing seriously two years ago. Neglecting the thought that I cannot surpass Grisham, or Ludlum, or le Carrē (my favorite novelists) I started writing some seemingly average articles. However using a different medium, a blog, I believe a have given my writing a different twist of creativity. This creativity for me means that I have shared information to everyone that wishes to obtain it. You see I don’t write only for myself. I write for my readers. I keep on writing because I believe that out of the million internet surfers out there, there are maybe handfuls that need the information I provide.

When Analie, my wife decided to start a blog for herself, she asked me to suggest a name for the blog. Suddenly I remembered my icon for creative writing. You see I still dreamed of being a scientist but that red stone made me dream of being a writer too. I’m halfway through to attain those dreams. I’m still working to become a scientist. I am still working on to become a writer too. But these two dreams have merged into what I am today. My aspirations, my philosophies, and perceptions in life started with a piece of stone, a red one, flat as big as a regular computer mouse.

But this blog is not about me, its about my wife. All the things that's in her mind right now needs a place to pour it all out. She needs my support. So I am turning over my red stone to her.

Note: “pula” is a Visayan word for red and “bato” is the Visayan term for stone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Text Widget

Text Widget